Life is not complicated. We complicate life, consciously and unconsciously, so as to hide from being held accountable for our role in it. Imagine a world where every one took stock of, and owned, their role in life. Sure, we would still have problems but our energies would be directed towards problem solving instead of, like monkeys, throwing our feces at each other.
The sole purpose of drama is distraction
One of the greatest gifts I've given myself is the gift of simplifying my thinking. I think in terms of twos and threes. If there is a fourth 'whatever' I am naturally suspicious of even myself. For example,
Everything we do in life can be divided into 'two' categories:
There are 'two' arenas of conflict:
- Intrapersonal conflict (the conflict within us) and
- Interpersonal conflict (the conflict between us)
The more we acknowledge and own the conflict within our heads, the more effective we become in managing the conflict between us and the world.
While I am licensed within the State of Washington to clinically diagnose and treat individuals, I consider myself a consultant more so than a therapist.
I help people manage conflict and solve problems.
Our problem is not conflict, as this website's subtitle states,
- Conflict is inevitable - Expect it,
- Conflict is unavoidable - Plan for it,
- Conflict is necessary - Grow through it!
Our problem is the denial of the conflict within us.
Working with me includes:
- gaining insight into your conflict,
- developing effective plans for growing stronger through your conflict, and
- making meaningful lifestyle choices & changes that emphasize a commitment to value based boundaries.
Call or email me for life management assistance.